Chicken Detox Soup
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, shredded or grated
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder (unless low fodmap)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, , celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add the raw chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add parsley to the pot. Continue to simmer while shredding the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
- 2.5 cups *oat flour
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 cup ^honey
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 10-20 drops ^Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together except almonds.
- Spread into 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press almonds into the top of the mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
*To make oat flour, grind regular oats in a coffee grinder or food processor.
^Amount used dependent on sweetness preferred.
Ham and Fig Rice Cakes
- 3 cups uncooked sticky rice (calrose)
- 5 cups water
- 4oz Hormel Naturals Ham
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped fig or dates
- Parchment paper
- Cook rice in rice cooker, ideally the night before.
- Broil ham in oven ~4 minutes, until golden brown.
- While ham cools, mix rice, salt and beaten eggs into bowl.
- Add fig, dates and white chocolate chips into mixture.
- Cut ham into small pieces with kitchen scissors; add to mixture.
- Spread into 9x12 baking sheet lines with parchment paper.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350.
- Cut into 3x3 squares; let cool.
- Wrap with aluminum foil.
Post Century Vegan Gluten Free Pizza
- 1 packet fast-acting yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (+ more for seasoning crust)
- 2 tablespoons maple, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt (+ more for crust)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (more if preferred)
- Vegan mozzarella cheese
- Dried thyme (or any other toppings)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Stir yeast and 1/2 tablespoon maple into warmed water until dissolved. Let it sit for 7-10 minutes, until foamy.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, garlic powder, salt and remaining maple. Whisk to combine. Add the activated yeast to the bowl along with the olive oil. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and form a dough. If dough is too sticky, add a couple tablespoons of flour.
- Form the dough into a ball and place back in the bowl (*lightly dust bowl with flour before placing the dough ball in). Completely cover the bowl with a damp napkin or hand towel for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Cut the dough in half using a wet knife. This recipe makes two 10-inch pizzas.
- Spread pizza dough with hands or use jar as rolling pin. ;)
- To season your crust, lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and Italian herbs.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza and top with the mozzarella.
- Slide pizza on parchment paper into the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. The pizza cooks fast so keep an eye on it.
- Cut with scissors.